Professional Scrum Master level I course is for anyone who wants to validate his/her understanding of Scrum. This class is designed to help attendees gain a deeper understanding of the Scrum Framework and its application. Though, it is not mandatory for participants to attend a training to take assessment, the training help you prepare for the assessment and gain a stronger understanding of Scrum.
The 2-day Professional Scrum Master course covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master in it. This course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement.
Scrum is framework to address complex adaptive problems while creatively delivering products of highest possible value. Scrum is defined in the Scrum Guide which is maintained by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland, the co-creators of Scrum.
The Professional Scrum Master level I assessment is a rigorous assessment grounded in the core framework. The assessment validates your knowledge, understanding and experience with Scrum.
Attending this class also prepares and makes attendees ready for the assessment and become Professional Scrum Master I.
- Clear understanding of Scrum Framework
- Learn the roles, events, artifacts of Scrum and the rules that bind them.
- Understand the role of Scrum Master and servant leadership.
- Learn how to deal with people and teams,
- Effective usage of Scrum.
- Scrum Theory and First Principles
- The Scrum Framework
- Done and Undone
- Product Delivery with Scrum
- People and Teams
- The role of Scrum Master.
Who will be benefited
The Professional Scrum Master course is designed for anyone who wants to improve the quality of software delivery with the use of Scrum Framework. Scrum Masters, Managers, Scrum Team Members, Developers, Testers, Architects, Leads can get benefited by the course.
- Name: Professional Scrum Master (PSM) I.
- Format: Multiple choice, Multiple answer, True/False.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- # Questions: 80
- Passing Score: 85%
Assessment and Certification
Attending the training prepares and equips attendees with the knowledge and understanding for the level I assessment. The attendees are eligible to take the PSM I assessment post the course, once they receive the password from Scrum.org. The Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- Professional Scrum Master I certificate.
- PSM I digital badge to showcase your achievement.
- Listing on Scrum.org website,
- 40% discount on PSM II exam.
Professional Development Units
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 14 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.