The Professional Scrum Master level II (PSM II) assessment is available to anyone who has passed the PSM I assessment and wishes to demonstrate his or her ability to apply the Scrum framework to solving advanced, complex problems in the real world. Those that pass the assessment will receive the industry recognized PSM II Certification as an indication of their advanced knowledge and abilities pertaining to Scrum and the role of the Scrum Master.
Anyone attempting the PSM II should have advanced Scrum knowledge, in-depth Scrum experience and/or have taken the Professional Scrum Master course prior to taking this assessment. However, attending a course is neither necessary nor sufficient for certification. The PSM II assessment is very difficult, and consists of multiple-choice questions based on your knowledge of Scrum and how you would handle real-world situations.
Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master such as how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating an environment for agility to thrive. The Scrum Master role is complex and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances in order to be effective, such as:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
As a Scrum Master, being able to identify, and effectively apply, which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation or circumstance could prove to be the key to the success of your team.
As a Scrum Master, part of your role is to help management and other stakeholders across your organization understand the benefits of Scrum and Agile. Therefore, it is imperative that you have the information and background that is needed to gain credibility in order to be an effective change agent.
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improve their ability in this role
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
Who Should Attend:
The Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced course specifically designed for experienced Scrum Masters who have a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people with at least one year of Scrum Master experience.
- Effects on the organization of a successful Scrum Master
- Dealing with complexity and servant leadership
- Dealing with team conflict
- Removing impediments
- Facilitation techniques
- The Importance of a “Done” Increment
- Refresh the purpose of the Scrum Events
- Successful product delivery
- Measurement in Scrum
- How to support the Product Owner
- Understanding the challenges of middle management
- Scrum Master as a change agent
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master II course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment. PSM II class participants who attempt the PSM II assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. You are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM IIIassessment. These industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.
PMI PDU Credits
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) class. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third party providers category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.